Site Reliability Engineer
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as SourceFire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with solid experience to help build out the foundational elements of our product. As part of our smart and motivated team, you will help shape the Oort Cloud and the culture of a young company with the backing of top investors and accomplished industry leaders.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Oort you will:
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to help define products our customers will love to use
- Collaborate with a great agile team on delivering a broad range of capabilities
- Build automation for platforms and infrastructure to support diverse services and workloads
- Craft documents and procedures that enable the team to deliver value quickly
- Offer your expertise to help colleagues build and deliver great software
The ideal candidate will be passionate about culture, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse and motivated team and have 3-5+ years of experience across the following areas:
- Deploying cloud resources using orchestration engines such as Terraform
- Managing disparate systems using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Salt
- Instrumenting platform components and services for observability and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus and Sentry
- Automating build-and-deploy workflows for many different kinds of workloads, using tools such as TravisCI or GitHub Actions
- Implementing Infrastructure-as-Code and GitOps practices
- Picking up and running with new tools and techniques
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply