Senior Software Engineer
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as Sourcefire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior software engineer with solid experience to help build out our foundational architecture. As part of our smart and motivated team, we will count on you to develop a core set of cloud-hosted microservices and demonstrate an aptitude for reasoning about highly complex and distributed environments (e.g. deploying and running services across multiple data centers around the world). This is a true generalist role that will allow you to be hands-on with a variety of technologies.
In this position, you will:
- Design and implement new microservices from scratch
- Immerse yourself in the domains of our product: cybersecurity, networking and distributed computing
- Work closely with our SRE / DevOps team to automate CI/CD of your code
- Collaborate with a diverse, talented and motivated remote-first team
- Interact directly with our customers to deliver products they love
The ideal candidate must have the following prior experience:
- Designed and implemented microservices from the ground up
- Built distributed SaaS applications at scale on GCP, AWS and/or Azure using kubernetes / docker
- Real-world exposure to a variety of persistence technologies such as sql, nosql, redis, kafka, etc.
- Development experience with Golang and Typescript for backend services
- Scripting experience using Python and/or Bash
- Experience with API definition - grpc and/or swagger / openapi
- Operational experience with GitOps / Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, automation and testing
- An approach to the day-to-day job that is positive, pragmatic and productive
Additional qualifications that are preferred, but not required, include:
- Domain experience in network security
- Familiarity with IAM technologies including SAML, OIDC, Okta, Azure AD, LDAP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with graph databases
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
Email email@example.com to apply