Head of Solutions Engineering
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as SourceFire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
We are looking for a solutions engineering leader who can be both a strong individual contributor and help build out the team over time. This role is perfect for someone who has been part of a solutions engineering team for an early-stage or pre-IPO SaaS company in the cybersecurity market.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the technical lead for all pre- and post- sale customer engagements
- Establish and document standards for solutions engineering excellence
- Produce technical product marketing materials that will assist Sales throughout the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with other functions of the company, including Product Management and Engineering, to establish processes and systems that will ensure customer success and advocacy
- Maintain a high degree of autonomy and wear many hats in helping build an early-stage SaaS company
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building teams, systems and processes for an early-stage, high-growth SaaS company. Critical experience includes having:
- Demonstrated expertise supporting our ideal customer (Security and IT teams in medium-to-large businesses) in pre- and post- sales roles for a SaaS company, specifically in one or more of the following areas: IAM, VPN, NAC, ZTNA, PAM, SD-WAN, SASE, etc.
- Experience implementing systems and processes for pre- and post- sales success
- A solid understanding of the cybersecurity market, especially our broad ecosystem of potential technology partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a keen awareness for how to effectively communicate with customers at all levels of a large organization (from C-level business sponsors to day-to-day users of our product)
- A passion for helping build SaaS Unicorns and continuously striving to be best-in-class
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply