Product Designer (UI/UX Design)
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as SourceFire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer (UX Design) with solid experience as an individual contributor designing our user experience. As part of our smart and motivated team, we will count on you to own the full cycle of UI/UX design.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the Head of Product
- Lead the charge in defining and designing the user experience for Oort's Cloud Solution
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and UI Developers to implement designs
- Showcase your industry-leading design skills and creative license in building a workflow centric experience for our users and subscribers
- Lead a UI/UX driven design process to create innovative SaaS products
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years experience as an individual contributor owning the full cycle of UI/UX design from ideation to product launch
- Proficiency with tools like Figma and Miro
- Excel in communicating and collaborating with distributed teams (Eastern, Pacific Standard, and International Time Zones)
- Experience working with consumer, end-user, or enterprise apps
- Experience in Kata or design sprint methodologies
- Background working with security or network related products
- An approach to the day-to-day job that is positive, pragmatic, and productive
- Eye and creativity for graphic design (nice to have)
Email email@example.com to apply