Full Stack Engineer
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as SourceFire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
This role provides you an opportunity to help shape the product and culture of a young company with the backing of top investors and accomplished leaders. As a Full Stack Engineer you will be helping develop features of the Oort platform, which is the primary product that our customers interact with on a day-to-day basis. You will also be working on related web applications, databases and utilities that enable the Oort Cloud to deliver value to our customers.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Oort you will:
- Build products that our customers love to use
- Work collaboratively with our product team and engineering colleagues in an agile capacity
- Design, write, read, test and review front/back end TypeScript apps and APIs
- Build scalable, highly available systems in a Kubernetes-centric environment
- Work with our SRE / DevOps team to ship code and monitor it in production
- Document and test the products and systems you build
- Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot customer issues when needed
The ideal candidate will be passionate about culture, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse and motivated team and have 3-5+ years of experience across the following areas:
- React-based SPA, including related tools (e.g. Webpack)
- PostgreSQL (or similar relational database)
- Knowledge of API design principles and methodologies, including GraphQL, REST, and gRPC
- Experience using and working with various front end state management libraries/utilities (Apollo, Redux, Context, etc.)
- Cursory understanding of enterprise IAM functionality
- Familiarity or interest in delegated authentication protocols: OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, etc.
- Exposure to working with distributed systems and microservices
- Knowledge of GitOps, Infrastructure as Code, Terraform
- Familiarity with at least one of GCP, AWS or Azure
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply