Director of Engineering
Location: US - Remote
We are building the Oort Cloud: a globally distributed security fabric that connects and secures the digital ecosystem on which businesses depend. Working at Oort offers our team members a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in building the long-term foundation for the next great network security company. Everyone at Oort is focused on combining the latest in emerging technology with our own innovations to solve real-world problems for our customers. The company operates in a remote-first environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance and continuously seeks opportunities to invest in the professional and personal development of its team members.
Oort is a venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Boston led by Matt Caulfield, Founder & CEO. Matt previously led the Boston Innovation Team for Cisco and is an expert in all things cloud, networking, and security as well as a pioneer in edge computing and globally distributed systems. 645 Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures, leading investment firms for disruptive startups, led a seed-funding round for Oort in September 2020. Investors and Advisors include former Founders and CEOs of renowned security companies such as SourceFire, Carbon Black and Symantec.
About the Role
We are looking for a demonstrated engineering leader to build out and accelerate the velocity of Oort's development team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping shape the culture of a young company with the backing of top investors and accomplished industry leaders.
As the Director of Engineering at Oort you will:
- Continue building out the engineering team (currently a team of 7 talented and motivated people) by recruiting, hiring and mentoring top-tier engineering talent
- Foster an inclusive culture where speed, creativity and results are paramount
- Collaborate closely with Oort's leadership team, including the Founder/CEO and the Head of Product, to understand and define requirements for the Oort Cloud platform
- Optimize the engineering process to maximize velocity and quality
- Actively promote the wellbeing, productivity and career development of the engineering team
The ideal candidate will be passionate about team building, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse and motivated team and have at least 3-5+ years of experience across the following areas:
- Running an agile development process
- Leading a team that has built a SaaS-based product, ideally in the cybersecurity market
- Working at an early-stage venture-backed software company
- Leaning in to "leading from the front" and being hands-on as a leader
- Motivating team members to achieve ambitious goals and communicating across the company in a positive, clear and collaborative way
Email email@example.com to apply